Gilda Care treats every client, their families and carers with dignity, transparency, and empathy. We will take the time to get to know you and understand how we can help and empower you to get the most out of your NDIS funding. We will work with you to make sure your NDIS plan fits the goals and needs for the life you want to live.
The amount of assistance determined in an Individual’s Plan is determined by their unique circumstances, which may include the following:
- the disability and functional limitations that have an impact on the individual’s life.
- whether or not they have relatives, carers, or other forms of assistance and supports.
Support Coordinators offer three levels of support coordination, each of which can be approved for inclusion in an individual’s plan.
Support Connection (Level 1)
This support is designed to strengthen your ability to connect with informal, community, and funded resources, enabling you to maximise the effectiveness of your plan and accomplish your goals.
This level of support will help you better understand your NDIS plan, link to wider support systems, and connect with providers.
Coordination of Supports (Level 2)
This guidance will assist you in developing the necessary skills to fully understand, implement, and use your plan.
Your coordinator will help you obtain various supports so you can improve your capacity to maintain relationships, complete service delivery tasks, and connect with your community.
When you receive this level of support, you will be able to create and develop your own supports, ensuring that you have access to the services you desire or need.
You will also be coached to maintain a network of formal and informal supports and have a greater understanding of your funding.
Specialist Support Coordination (Level 3)
This is a more advanced level of support coordination and is aimed at individuals with more complex situations who require specialised assistance. A Specialist Support Coordinator will work with you to overcome obstacles in your support environment to ensure reliable service delivery.
A Specialist Support Coordinator can:
- aide you in reducing complexity in your support environment so that you can connect with funded and greater support services;
- negotiate support solutions with multiple stakeholders to achieve well-coordinated plan implementation; and
- assist you in managing crisis points so that continuity of care and support is maintained throughout these challenging periods.
Psychosocial Recovery Coaching
Psychosocial Recovery Coaches can support you in overcoming complicated hurdles that prevent you from leading a fulfilling life. Our coaches can help you communicate with the NDIS, as well as provide coaching to help you develop recovery skills and personal capability, such as motivation, resilience, adaptability and decision-making.
Psychosocial Recovery Coaches collaborate with participants, including families, caregivers, and their other support networks to create, plan, implement, and update a recovery plan. We work with wider service delivery systems and engage with NDIS and other support coordination.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- developing a rapport that encourages recovery
- facilitating individuals’ participation in the NDIS Coaching to develop recovery skills and personal capacity, including ambition, skills, resilience, and life choices
- helping participants in formulating their recovery plans
- involving and collaborating with others in the broad network of connections
Psychosocial Recovery Coaches develop a specific plan that focuses solely on the participant’s current abilities in order to fulfil their goals. In addition to aiding participants in gaining and sustaining recovery, Psychosocial Recovery Coaches assist participants in allowing access to systems and resources necessary for recovery, such as benefits and potential health care. Additionally, recovery counselling assists clients in returning to work, securing stable housing, and transitioning. The client is responsible for their own recovery, while the Psychosocial Recovery Coaches provide expertise and motivation to support with essential changes and achievement of goals.